Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Get Sickworking Week

So I wrote a piece for Get Woodworking Week, in which I urged people to get over whatever fears they have or inadequacies they perceive and make something. I talked about being sick, which I was, and about how I was eager to get back in the shop.

Turned out I was fighting bronchitis. Not fun.

I missed most of a week of work, and then I spent the next several days making up for all the extra chores my wife had to do while I was laid up. Now, I'm buried under a pile of things to catch up on at work.

The long and short of it is that I will not be getting any shop time in the next week or two (at least), let alone very much time to blog about what I'm not building.

In the meantime, I will try to share some interesting woodworking things I've come across. I discovered as I was convalescing that the YouTube woodworking community has exploded with new content -- I think I'm now subscribed to more than two dozen woodworking channels! Everything from pros to hobbyists; every skill level from master to beginner. Until I am able to get back in the shop, I think I'm going to highlight these fine folks, hopefully encouraging them to keep on putting up new content.

In the meantime, folks, please think of me the next time you make some sawdust.

No comments:

Post a Comment